PURPOSE AND INTENT
Para solicitar una copia de esta política en español, por favor envíe un correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We collect, use, retain, and share your personal information in accordance with certain data privacy and data protection principles. Specifically, the personal information we collect about you is:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve these purposes;
- accurate and kept up to date;
- kept only as long as necessary for these purposes; and
- kept securely.
If we intend to collect, use, retain, or share your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which your personal information was collected, we will obtain your consent to do so.
“Sensitive personal information” is a subcategory of personal information and means personal information that reveals: (a) an individual’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; (b) an individual’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; (c) an individual’s precise geolocation; (d) an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; (e) the contents of an individual’s mail, email, and text messages unless the Company is the intended recipient of the communication; (f) an individual’s genetic data; (g) an individual’s biometric information used to uniquely identify the individual; (h) personal information collected and analyzed regarding an individual’s health; and (i) personal information collected and analyzed regarding an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT, USE IT, RETAIN AND SHARE IT
We collect, receive, use retain and share personal information for the following purposes. However, we do not:
- sell your personal information;
- share or disclose your personal information to third parties other than the entities or service providers listed below (for purposes of this policy, references to service providers in this policy includes contractors);
- share or disclose your sensitive information to third parties for purposes other than those listed below or otherwise permitted by the CCPA;
- sell or share the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age; or
- permit third parties to collect your personal information on our behalf other than our service providers listed below.
The categories of Personal Information we have collected during the previous twelve months include:
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Identifiers, such as:
- real name
- postal address
- unique personal or employee identification number
- online identifier
- internet protocol address
- email address
- account name
- other similar identifiers
Sensitive Personal Information, such as:
- precise geolocation
- union membership
Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as:
- social media site or application
Professional or employment-related information, such as:
- information provided by you
- employment status (full-time or part-time, regular or temporary)
- work schedule
- job assignments
- hours worked
- business travel information
- accomplishments and awards
- training and development information
- workplace safety information
- education information
Inferences drawn from the personal information collected to determine potential business opportunities.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Initiate, assess, develop or manage the business relationship including sending communications, due diligence, account management, and finance purposes
- Comply with our legal and contractual requirements and requests
- Establish, defend and exercise legal and contractual rights
- To provide us with products and/or services
- Receive communications from us
- To provide you with products and/or services
- To obtain advice from professional advisors
- Comply with legal, judicial, or regulatory inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, or summons
- Monitor, enforce and investigate our policies, procedures and legal requirements
- Protect Company and customer information and Company equipment and systems and other security purposes
- Verify your identity and access rights
- Arrange and manage work-related travel, events, meetings and other similar activities
- Provide you with access to and monitor, maintain and secure our systems, facilities, equipment, networks and electronic databases
- Risk management and audit purposes
- Manage activities and events we sponsor or host
- Manage access to our facilities
- Respond to requests from such contact
- Develop marketing or other communications materials
- Handle website requests
CATEGORIES OF ENTITIES WITH WHOM PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED
- Company personnel including marketing, communications, human resources, management, and IT personnel
- Applicable government agencies
- Service providers including banks
- Entities in a purchase, merger, or acquisition
- Social media
- The public via our website, social media and other communications
- Our affiliate companies
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- B2B contact
- Publicly available information (LinkedIn, websites, etc.)
- Professional organizations
- Third parties who disclose information to us
RETENTION PERIOD FOR THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- As long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for the collection
- For the duration of the commercial or business-to-business relationship
- Plus any legally required record or data retention period and/or any period of time necessary to establish, defend or exercise legal rights
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
As a California resident, you have the following privacy rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions:
- The right to know and right to access the personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information; the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses personal information; and the specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about the consumer;
- The right to delete personal information that we have collected from you;
- The right to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you;
- The right of portability, or right to have us transfer your personal information to other persons or entities upon your request;
- The right to limit the use of your sensitive information;
- The right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information to third parties; and
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights.
You can exercise your privacy rights by submitting a request to us by clicking this link; emailing us at: email@example.com or calling us at: 855-483-8543. To protect the security of your personal information, we will require you to verify your identity by providing us with identifying information such as your email address, telephone number, mailing address, and/or other information that we can match with the personal information we have collected about you to verify your identity.
You may use an authorized agent to exercise your right to know, delete, or correct your Personal Information. We will require your authorized agent to provide us with either (1) a power of attorney authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf or (2) your written authorization permitting the authorized agent to request access to your personal information on your behalf. Further, we will require you or your authorized agent to provide us with identifying information to verify your identity. We may also require you to either verify your own identity directly with us or directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
You may use an Opt-Out Preference Signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC), to opt-out of the sale/sharing of your personal information for advertising purposes. We will notify you if we identify a GPC when you browse on our Website. If you are a California resident and do not use a GPC, but wish to opt out from sale/sharing of your information for advertising purposes, please see information about privacy rights above.
In addition to the privacy rights above, individual California residents have the right under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) to request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to our affiliates or third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties or our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties or affiliates. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. Individual California residents must submit their requests to us either by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at: 855-483-8543. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email address or phone number specified in this section.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MINORS
The Company does not sell or share personal information for individuals under the age of 16.
QUESTIONS AND FURTHER INFORMATION